DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#601 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Why is it only A on PS3 and AA on 360? :|

Frostbite24

Unreal Engine does really poorly. While 360 has a mediocre frame rate, it's consistently 30fps. PS3 has a fair amount of frame drops and overall poor performance in comparison.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#602 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="lonewolfman10"]

How is this game compared to like DMC4?

OneSanitarium

What way specifically? There's no lock-on, combat's a bit easier to get into with a lower ceiling, rankings only go down from when Dante gets hit (from what I've heard) I'm sure other fans can tell you more.

Lol@ a bit easier. Comparitively to DMC3, and especially 4, it's a thousand times easier, and then some. The combat is deep, just not as deep as the combat jewels of the series by a long shot.

The game has autoaim that can often messup what you want to do, and there is an extreme lack of moves within the game, with some moves doing the exact same thing as another.

Also, color coded enemies kill variety.

Oh yeah, the story takes itself seriously with a bunch of terrible dialouge, and the bosses are lol.

Sounds like a terrible game. I'll stick to DMC3 and 4.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#603 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

May I ask what other DMC games you've played? Just curious.

OneSanitarium

I started playing 4 a few weeks ago and I played 1 years and years ago, think I got fairly far, but don't really remember it, so no I'm not exactly a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but I've played enough to get a hang of the combat. Dante in this feels like Nero in terms of moves and play style, with the extra weapons layered on top. It is definitely missing things the old games had and taking a step back is a bit silly, but people are being incredibly unfair to Ninja Theory when they just dismiss it completely, it's still a damn fun game and the combat's still better than a lot of other hack and slash games.

"They made it easier to pull of moves, not that that's a problem" - bobbetybob Basically, DmC is a game for people who haven't played or are TERRIBLE at previous DMC games. Heaven's forbid you play any NG game before NG3 either lmao. This genre has been dragged into sh!t. Smh. EDIT: There's a even a rumble to let you know that you're doing good on your simple button mashing? LMAO :lol: oh my...Douevenlift_bro
Ahhhh crawl back under your bridge ya daft bastard.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]"They made it easier to pull of moves, not that that's a problem" - bobbetybob Basically, DmC is a game for people who haven't played or are TERRIBLE at previous DMC games. Heaven's forbid you play any NG game before NG3 either lmao. This genre has been dragged into sh!t. Smh. EDIT: There's a even a rumble to let you know that you're doing good on your simple button mashing? LMAO :lol: oh my...bobbetybob

Ahhhh crawl back under your bridge ya daft bastard.

Daft is the guy who thinks easier gameplay in a DMC game is a good thing and applauds rumble to pat u on the back like, "there ya go skippy one step at a time :D"

Daft is the gameplay mechanics of DmC my friend.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#605 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I actually think DMC4 had nicer textures going on, did dmc4 use prerenendered video for the cutscenes? because DMC does and it's annoying as hell.

I wish games would stop using this cheap method.

On the gameplay side, this lack of a lockon really makes some fights more difficult then they need to be, it's introducing an artifical difficulty element and that's not welcome.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I actually think DMC4 had nicer textures going on, did dmc4 use prerenendered video for the cutscenes? because DMC does and it's annoying as hell.

On the gameplay side, this lack of a lockon really makes some fights more difficult then they need to be, it's introducing an artifical difficulty element and that's not welcome.

ReadingRainbow4

Some are prerendered, some are not. That's how it seems anyway. Don't understand why they'd switch but probably a console thing.

I just started but the lock-on seems non-existant. Pretty much depends on which direction you're facing instead of being "auto," and even then it sometimes attacks an enemy that I didn't want it to.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Final boss on Hell and Hell.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 OneSanitarium

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/25/dmc-devil-may-cry-may-have-failed-to-attract-casual-fans-in-japan/

Hmm, DMC5 or DmC2 to be easier still?

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609 OneSanitarium

Some are prerendered, some are not. That's how it seems anyway. Don't understand why they'd switch but probably a console thing.

I just started but the lock-on seems non-existant. Pretty much depends on which direction you're facing instead of being "auto," and even then it sometimes attacks an enemy that I didn't want it to.

ChubbyGuy40

DMC3 and 4 both use the occasional prerendered cutscene using ingame graphics.

And yeah, if you have an enemy on both sides of you and you mash the button for Arbiters launcher, Dino automatically changes sides. Repeatedly.

I started playing 4 a few weeks ago and I played 1 years and years ago, think I got fairly far, but don't really remember it, so no I'm not exactly a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but I've played enough to get a hang of the combat. Dante in this feels like Nero in terms of moves and play style, with the extra weapons layered on top. It is definitely missing things the old games had and taking a step back is a bit silly, but people are being incredibly unfair to Ninja Theory when they just dismiss it completely, it's still a damn fun game and the combat's still better than a lot of other hack and slash games.bobbetybob

I think most people agree that it really shouldn't be a DMC game, and that looked upon as its own the game is deffinitely in the 6-8/10 range. [with 5 being average]

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/25/dmc-devil-may-cry-may-have-failed-to-attract-casual-fans-in-japan/

OneSanitarium
Don't think the difficulty is much of a problem. They may hit the right note with the difficulty (more appealing to casual that is), and fail on everything else that attract Japanese audience, this game aim at Western audience mostly anyway.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

rjdofu

Don't think the difficulty is much of a problem. They may hit the right note with the difficulty (more appealing to casual that is), and fail on everything else that attract Japanese audience, this game aim at Western audience mostly anyway.

Difficulty in combat systems.

But I guess also requesting that the rep. of the next game doesn't instantly write off the old fanbase might help.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

ChubbyGuy40

It a pain when trying to take out the cherubs and your facing a room with 2 chainsaw dude, and a whole bunch of those cannon fodder enemies which still take a bit of punishment.

also some of these moves are just blatantly better than any others, I find myself sticking to the same combo's quite a lot.

Fighting the ice and fire enemies is F*cking boring also, You pretty much have to spam the same attack and Get Devil Dodges going in order to rack up enough dmg to dispatch of them quickly. Half of the game is seperating the enemies, divide and conquer.

In short some enemies punish you for creativity in dispatching them which I find isn't the best gameplay element.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 OneSanitarium

You can also save Devil Trigger to use, since it lets you use any weapon on color coded enemies.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 ReadingRainbow4

You can also save Devil Trigger to use, since it lets you use any weapon on color coded enemies.

OneSanitarium

Hmm, I'll try that out. I've just been saving it for if my hp gets low. I hate how it floats the enemies so I rarely use it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#615 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] What way specifically? There's no lock-on, combat's a bit easier to get into with a lower ceiling, rankings only go down from when Dante gets hit (from what I've heard) I'm sure other fans can tell you more.Douevenlift_bro

Lol@ a bit easier. Comparitively to DMC3, and especially 4, it's a thousand times easier, and then some. The combat is deep, just not as deep as the combat jewels of the series by a long shot.

The game has autoaim that can often messup what you want to do, and there is an extreme lack of moves within the game, with some moves doing the exact same thing as another.

Oh yeah, the story takes itself seriously with a bunch of terrible dialouge, and the bosses are lol.

it's a terrible game only if you prefer Japanese cheese to British cheese with lots of cursing and don't care much about gameplay that requires some skill (it's like going from UMvC3 to Smash Bros kind of downgrade but still just as flashy). But since I bet you don't even know what's a "distorted combo" or a "jump cancel" then for you DmC will be an amazing game.

DmC has every element that makes a current-gen game be current-gen. Corridors, very cinematic, pointless almost braindead platforming, good graphics, bad frame-rate on the PS3, overall difficulty is very easy (even on its hardest thanks to the broken damage boost of the demon evade), etc.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Gue1

it's a terrible game only if you prefer Japanese cheese to British cheese with lots of cursing and don't care much about gameplay that requires some skill (it's like going from UMvC3 to Smash Bros kind of downgrade but still just as flashy). But since I bet you don't even know what's a "distorted combo" or a "jump cancel" then for you DmC will be an amazing game.

DmC has every element that makes a current-gen game be current-gen. Corridors, very cinematic, pointless almost braindead platforming, good graphics, bad frame-rate on the PS3, overall difficulty is very easy (even on its hardest thanks to the broken damage boost of the demon evade), etc.

The only boss that gave me a bit of trouble so far is the mundus spawn, mainly because the camera is so close that it's sometimes hard to see he's aobut to do the smash attack that I can't dodge worth a damn. Overall the game is easy.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Gue1

You think I don't know what a jump cancel is? :lol: Please GTFO.

I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan and have beat previous games on almost every difficulty. You can keep this piece of trash that lets you air juggle enemies on end with no punishment and a significantly easier combat system thats color coded. No thanks.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

OneSanitarium

from what I hear japan is very anal when it comes to western looking things. Its clear capcom was trying to attract more western fans. I knew it was not going to attaract jpn players every since the start.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

finalfantasy94

from what I hear japan is very anal when it comes to western looking things. Its clear capcom was trying to attract more western fans. I knew it was not going to attaract jpn players every since the start.

Trying to appeal to the west with a franchise that already appeals more to the west than the east is weird.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

OneSanitarium

Trying to appeal to the west with a franchise that already appeals more to the west than the east is weird.

Very. I always saw DMC as appealing to a western crowd. With DmC it's clear they were trying to get the twilight audience

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
from what I hear japan is very anal when it comes to western looking things. Its clear capcom was trying to attract more western fans. I knew it was not going to attaract jpn players every since the start.finalfantasy94
From the sound of it, the UK also seems to have had a very luke-warm reception to the new DMC sales wise.
applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Old thread is old